Fitting artisan, Kumiko lattice artisan
|1959||Born January 19th in Okawa City|
|1977||Joins Watanabe Tategu, managed by his father, after graduating from Saga Gakuen High School|
|1978||Exhibited his work in the National Fitting Exhibition for the first time, winning prize 25 times thereafter|
|2008||Becomes the third president of Watanabe Tategu, a company with an 87-year history|
|2009||Served as a director for the Okawa Tategu Union for six years|
|2015||Served as an auditor for the Okawa Tategu Union for two years|
|2017||Awarded the title “Master in Okawa” from Okawa City on March 4th
Recognized as Fukuoka’s “Contemporary Master Craftsman” awarded to outstanding artisans on November 7th
[Major awards received in the National Fitting Exhibition]
|1980||Minister of Labor Award|
|1982||Minister of Labor Award, Director-General of SME Agency Award|
|1983||Prime Minister Award|
|1984||Minister of International Trade and Industry Award|
|1985||Prime Minister Award|
|1988||Minister of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries Award|
|1993||Minister of International Trade and Industry Award|
|1994||Minister of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries Award|
|2012||Minister of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology Award|
|2014||Director-General of SME Agency Award|
（Hobbies）Fishing, vegetable gardening
- What kind of products are you making?
- Fittings for homes (shoji, kumiko lattice, etc.)
- How did you come to this occupation?
- I was born into a family in the business of fittings making.
- What are you particular about in your work?
- Not cutting corners, and sticking to basics.
- What is the good thing about your job?
- When customers are happy with my work.
- What is your dream?
- I would like to work all my life.
|Name of company||Watanabe Tategu|
|Location||83-10 Kobo, Okawa-shi, Fukuoka 831-0041|