|1962||Born April 1st Graduated from Saga Commercial High School|
|1980||Joins public-listed company.|
|1984||Returns to hometown and joins the family business (furniture maker).
Specializes in making rattan wedding furniture.
|1988||Begins making authentic solid furniture and oil finished country style furniture.
Under the guidance of his father, he learns the basics of making furniture using woodworking joints and diligently works to acquire skills.
|1996||Suffers from a serious illness, Guillain-Barre Syndrome.
Suffers from respiratory arrest and a total loss of muscle movement for 3 months and is hospitalized for 18 months. After 3 years of rehabilitation, he slowly returns to work.
|2007||Obtains Furniture Making Skilled Worker 1st Grade license
Receives the 2007 Good Design Award
|2009||Receives the Fukuoka Prefecture Industrial Technology Design Award|
|2010||Receives the 2010 Good Design Award|
|2011||Awarded Saga Meister|
- What kind of products are you making?
- All types of furniture made with solid wood.
- How did you come to this occupation?
- While I was working for a company, my father said, “why don’t you come home and work with me,” I simply obliged.
- What are you particular about in your work?
- Making durable furniture with a long product life.
- What is the good thing about your job?
- I can see the joy of customers directly. I get to meet many people through furniture.
- What is your dream?
- To increase the number of tourists coming to Okawa to purchase furniture!
|Name of company||Nakayama|
|Location||800 Kobo-Sumiyoshi, Okawa-shi, Fukuoka 831-0041|