Okawa kumiko lattice artisan
1964 Born into a fitting artisan family in Okawa City, Fukuoka.
After graduating from high school, he became an apprentice at a fitting shop in Kanuma City, Tochigi. There he was shocked by the beauty of kumiko lattice and embark on his path to becoming a kumiko lattice craftsman.
Became independent at the age of 26 and opened Kinoshita Kogei at Okawa City.
|2013||His meeting with industrial designer Eiji Mitooka leads to him working on the interior of the Nanatsuboshi in Kyushu (Seven Stars in Kyushu) train.|
- What kind of products are you making?
- Mainly kumiko lattice fittings, and some lamps and boxes.
- How did you come to this occupation?
- My father was a fittings worker, and I grew up watching him work.
- What are you particular about in your work?
- No doubt, making beautiful products with no gaps, but also making products that customers are happy to purchase.
- What is the good thing about your job?
- Seeing the smiling faces of customers
- What is your dream?
- I want to take on all kinds of challenges and have my child see me doing so.
|Name of company||Kinoshita Mokugei|
|Location||1037-1 Mukaijima, Okawa-shi, Fukuoka 831-0005|