Wood worker (creative artisan)
|1954||Born in Enokizu, Okawa City|
|1979||Begins making craft items and creative furniture|
|1989||Mayor of Okawa Award – Industrial Arts Division, Okawa City Art Exhibition|
|1992||Mayor of Okawa Award – Industrial Arts Division, Okawa City Art Exhibition|
|1993||Oita Governor Award, Kyushu New Craft West Japan Exhibition|
|1993||Saga Governor Award, Japan New Craft West Japan Exhibition|
|1994||Saga Board of Education Award, Japan New Craft West Japan Exhibition|
|1994||Exhibits work in the Sounding Woodwork Exhibition|
Sponsored by NHK Fukuoka Wood Creation Group “Kyushu”
|1995||NHK Saga Broadcasting Award, Kyushu New Craft Exhibition|
- What kind of products are you making?
- Unique and sculptured furniture and objects.
- How did you come to this occupation?
- I have always loved making things, and I got wood scraps from neighborhood woodworking shop to make things. I started making larger objects as I got older.
- What are you particular about in your work?
- Shapes that warm people’s heart.
- What is the good thing about your job?
- The joy of completing a product.
- What is your dream?
- I would like to create works that are not just useful but works that bring joy.
|Name of company||Egashira Kaguten|
|Location||746-2 Enokizu, Okawa-shi, Fukuoka 831-0004|