|1962||Born April 1st Graduated from Saga Commercial High School|
|1980||Joins public-listed company.|
|1984||Returns to hometown and joins the family business (furniture maker).|
Specializes in making rattan wedding furniture.
|1988||Begins making authentic solid furniture and oil finished country style furniture.|
Under the guidance of his father, he learns the basics of making furniture using woodworking joints and diligently works to acquire skills.
|1996||Suffers from a serious illness, Guillain-Barre Syndrome.|
Suffers from respiratory arrest and a total loss of muscle movement for 3 months and is hospitalized for 18 months. After 3 years of rehabilitation, he slowly returns to work.
|2007||Obtains Furniture Making Skilled Worker 1st Grade license|
Receives the Fukuoka Prefecture Industrial Technology Design Award
|2009||Receives the Fukuoka Prefecture Industrial Technology Design Award|
|2010||Receives the 2010 Good Design Award|
|2011||Awarded Saga Meister|
- What kind of products are you making?
- All types of furniture made with solid wood.
- How did you come to this occupation?
- While I was working for a company, my father said, “why don’t you come home and work with me,” I simply obliged.
- What are you particular about in your work?
- Making durable furniture with a long product life.
- What is the good thing about your job?
- I can see the joy of customers directly. I get to meet many people through furniture.
- What is your dream?
- To increase the number of tourists coming to Okawa to purchase furniture!
|Name of company||Nakayama Mokko|
|Location||800 Kobo-Sumiyoshi, Okawa-shi, Fukuoka 831-0041|